INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF FORENSIC COMPUTER EXAMINERS
CODE OF ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
A Certified Computer Examiner will at all times:
* Demonstrate commitment and diligence in performance of assigned duties.
* Demonstrate integrity in completing professional assignments.
* Maintain the utmost objectivity in all forensic examinations and accurately present findings.
* Conduct examinations based on established, validated principles.
* Abide by the highest moral and ethical standards and obey the by-laws of the ISFCE.
* When conducting examinations, obtain evidence or other documentation that will establish a reasonable basis for any opinion rendered.
* Testify truthfully in all matters before any board, court or proceeding.
* Avoid any action that would appear to be a conflict of interest.
* Comply with all legal orders of the courts.
* Strive to maintain professionalism in assigned duties.
* Thoroughly examine all evidence in a case unless the scope of the examination is limited by court order or other mandate.
A Certified Computer Examiner will never:
* Withhold any evidence that would tend to distort the truth.
* Reveal any confidential matters or knowledge learned in an examination without an order from a court of competent jurisdiction or with the express permission of the client.
* Express an opinion on the guilt or innocence of any party.
* Engage in any unethical or illegal conduct.
* Knowingly undertake an assignment beyond his/her skills.
* Misrepresent training, credentials or Association membership.
* Show bias or prejudice in findings or examinations.
* Exceed authorization in conducting examinations.
PO Box 7236, Northridge, CA 91327 - Tel: 818.494.5556 - E-mail: